Re: [isabelle] syntax highlighting on stackoverflow

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013, Joachim Breitner wrote:

Is there a certain encoding to be used, or are posters entering information with a non-standard encoding? I've tried "Western (ISO-8859-1)" and "Unicode (UTF-8)" in Chrome, but it doesn't make a difference. I see boxes with a question mark in this question, and in lots of other questions:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15332271/drop-a-variable-in-a-goal-in-apply-style

It is probably not a question of encoding; The correct encoding (text/html; charset=utf-8) is transferred in the HTTP header, and things look good here. Maybe your are missing some fonts, of have some font-overwrite in place?

At first I thought "it just works", quite unusually for unicode. Now I also see problems here on Mac OS X Mountain Lion / Firefox, and some other SE user has observed problems with my unicode copy-past as well, potentially on Windows.

So we are back at field one, where we've been 20 years ago: "Unicode is comming, really, believe me, it is there right now to solve all our math typesetting problems". Luckily the prover does not depend on Unicode at all.

Nonetheless, I shall continue with the copy-pasting from Isabelle/jEdit for the time being. These snippets are not fully authentic source anyway.