Re: [isabelle] syntax highlighting on stackoverflow

On 3/13/2013 10:55 AM, Joachim Breitner wrote:

It is probably not a question of encoding; The correct encoding
(text/html; charset=utf-8) is transferred in the HTTP header, and things
look good here. Maybe your are missing some fonts, of have some
font-overwrite in place?

Greetings,
Joachim

Joachim,

That's probably the case, so I at least know where the problem is.

But I'm using Windows 7, and so at this stage of the game, if fonts across operating systems aren't standardized enough to prevent this kind of thing, then I don't care to set my system up to be bullet proof, because all that does is allow me to have the impression that others are seeing what I see.

Eventually, if possible and I'm thinking right, then I try and adapt to others, rather than expect others to be just like me.

There is ASCII, LaTeX, images, THY files, and PDF files (where even PDFs can have font dependency problems). Those are what I can depend on. Nothing else. So I'm trying to come up with practical ways to use those to ask questions, and say what I want to say.

Here's another person complaining about the same problem:

http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/323029/how-to-show-that-vdash-forall-x-beta-to-alpha-leftrightarrow-exists-x/325877#comment705043_325877

If you look at the question that's asked, you see that LaTeX is that sites solution to the problem of dealing with non-ASCII characters.

http://math.stackexchange.com/posts/323029/edit

LaTeX can be a pain, but at least it's consistent and dependable. So it's annoying when the admins on stackoveflow tell us that "programmers" don't need LaTeX. If they don't want to implement it, they're the boss, but attempts at brainwashing to deflect criticism are to be frowned upon.

Thanks,
GB