Re: [isabelle] syntax highlighting on stackoverflow

Le Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:20:13 +0100, Gottfried Barrow <gottfried.barrow at gmx.com> a écrit:
The police are the majority of people who assert themselves. The police who act as tyrants are the admins and the in-crowd who vote to close questions which they're not qualified to vote on, and do so to protect their domain. When I see that happen, I become more interested in fighting the establishment.

I agree with your feeling in the large. I too much see how that applies, I've seen it too many times (the last hard time was just today on an Ubuntu forum where I opened some topics to promote some interoperable standards in software). The crowd effects is as much present in the software domain as it is with many more popular and non‑technical issues (every one know an example at least). I don't know if that applies as much in the logic and mathematics world though (I have no experience with these communities).

Well, to get back to StackOverflow precisely, I have an account there, I ask and answer question, a bit from time to time, I had no bad experiences there personally so far, but I could already witness some cases where people posting relevant questions could see their questions closed for obscure reasons, at least, no other reasons than negative votes from people who did not see anything relevant in the question.