Re: [isabelle] Stuck with Isabelle type instantiation

Dear Wenda,

In Enum.thy, unqualified access to the enum constant is disabled at the end. Therefore, your definition "enum = [a, b, c, d]" does not define the overloaded type class parameter, but introduces a new constant enum. This also holds for enum_ex and enum_all. Try it with qualified access:

definition "enum_class.enum = [a, b, c, d]"

Best,
Andreas