Re: [isabelle] Isabelle/jEdit: can anybody else reproduce

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013, Matthew Fernandez wrote:

On 22/03/13 01:07, Alasdair Armstrong wrote:

This bug was fixed very recently in the latest development versions,
and upgrading solved all my jEdit issues (bar the standard java not
playing nicely with non-reparenting window manager problems).

The second part seems to be an old debate of Sun vs. window manager implementors.

Now that Oracle has the responsibility for Java, rules have changed a bit. My impression is that "standard java" and "open jdk" are getting more and more equal in the amount of minor drop-outs and annoyances.

I have myself no proper idea how the combined Oracle--OpenJDK developmemt process works these days, but there might be a real chance to get such details right, if some people point to the problems and propose concrete solutions to these guys (and big companies).