Re: [isabelle] Matching done by the transfer method

ok, so I made a simpler example to clarify stuff. Suppose you have this
transfer rules:
"BN N (4+3)"
"(BN ===> op <->) Q P"
(where N and Q are some constants we previously defined)

and this goal:
"P (4+3)"

One would think that the transfer method would reduce the goal to "Q N",
but it doesn't, because I think it would rather find transfer rules for 4,
3 and +, not the whole term.

Daniel