Re: [isabelle] Really Bashed?

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013, Jens-D. Doll wrote:

Hello all,

when starting Isabelle several processes are created on a windows machine (4 times bash, perl, poly etc) and after closing the main process at least 2 bash processes remain active. Does anyone know how to kill the remaining processes?

Can you be more specific about your version of Windows, and the way you start and stop Isabelle processes?

The problem of managing process hierarchies reliably is a classic one. For each Isabelle release I make routine sanity checks, especially on Windows. So from the lack of detail above, I would say it should work properly in Isabelle2013, but many side conditions apply.