Re: [isabelle] Contributing some Q&A to StackOverflow; please help me to gain reputation

Dear Christoph,

Am Samstag, den 18.05.2013, 23:29 +0100 schrieb Christoph LANGE:
> StackOverflow is giving me, a first-time user, a hard time with this, as
> I first need to gain some reputation in order to do such uncommon things
> as making many posts in succession, answering my own questions, etc.
> Could I therefore ask _you_ to give me some reputation?

I’m not sure that this is a good idea. The reputation system in
StackOverflow is designed to reward questions and answers that are
useful to others; if one has to explicitly ask for reputation then maybe
StackOverflow is not the right medium for that.

Maybe your surly interesting advice would better be suited for a
Isabelle style guide like document?

But generally you are right that StackExchange is becoming a good forum
to get Isabelle advise, and it would be good if more Isabelle users
would follow it and more liberally distribute upvotes to genuine
questions and useful answers.

Greetings,
Joachim

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter