Re: [isabelle] naming conventions (was "Want to use Rep_Integ or lifting after [quot_del] in Int.thy")

On Fri, 24 May 2013, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

On 5/23/2013 6:32 AM, Makarius wrote:
On Wed, 22 May 2013, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

1) What is one word which I can use to label the many languages that are used in what I see in jEdit?

jEdit is a plain text editor.  So you edit source text with it.

The word "source" doesn't work in general.

2) When I'm editing a THY, am I "sourcing"?

You are a "writer" or "author" of formal source text, using a plain text editor.

What is the terminology you would use yourself for latex sources? Latex is also a programming language, but nobody "codes" papers, books, theses etc. with it.

I suppose all this complexity is what gives Isabelle its power and flexibility, but I'm talking about the need for the masses to engage in polite conversation and not be saying things like, "You really should try Isabelle, Joe. I've become an Isabelle specifier myself."

In the worst case, something like "user of Isabelle" will always work.