On Mon, 11 Nov 2013, bnord wrote:

One observation:

I also reproduced this programmatically and observed that keys only get lost not when the popup opens but after the point where the next possible character is the same for the remaining possible keywords that is the "_" in find_theorems or the "t" in print_theorems.

This is consistent with my understanding of AWT/Swing focus transfer, after studying the documentation and sources for 1-2 days. The problem is that "type-ahead" buffering only works for one new GUI component at a time. The Isabelle/jEdit can open and close many of them in a row rather quickly. Thus queue events may get redirected to already closed popups.

This is why I've added jedit_completion_dismiss_delay right after Isabelle2013-1-RC4.

I am merely waiting for at least one guy who types very fast to confirm that jedit_completion_dismiss_delay=0.1 prevents the problem most of the time. (Otherwise I have to make yet another release candidate, and postpone the final lift-off by a few more days.)