Re: [isabelle] Remaining reasons for Proof General

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013, bnord wrote:

I find the "not" case still unpleasant.
- I can't use "~<TAB>" because it's a composing key so I have to type "~<space>C-b<TAB>"
- "\not" is not unique so have to also press Tab

Looks like the usual confusion due to platform-specific and/or national keyboard layouts. E.g. on a German Mac it is really hard to type many basic things. It routinely requires some re-adjustments in one of five possible departments.

For ¬ in particular, note that it is a plain-old ISO-LATIN-1 character. Many keyboard layouts have a relatively direct path to it.