Re: [isabelle] Remaining reasons for Proof General

On 11/12/2013 11:12 AM, Makarius wrote:
On Tue, 12 Nov 2013, Peter Lammich wrote:

 * In PG, I have some open buffers, these are the buffers that I'm
interested in. jEdit opens all dependent theories (approx 50 to 100 in
my typical use-case). So using cycle-buffer or similar functions makes
no sense.

How can I efficiently switch between the theories that I'm currently
editing/interested in, without having to search them among dozens of
uninteresting theories?

I've occasionally seen jEdit plugins to organize buffer groups or "projects", but have not used any myself so far.

I use ProjectViewer as both a file manager and a project manager, either of which lets you import folders, flattened or not flattened, or just add specific files. It has features for projects I don't use yet, like setting compile and run commands to be run in the console plugin.

ProjectViewer would let you group together a few files, from the 50 to 100, and switch back and forth between them by double-clicking on them in the ProjectViewer tree.

http://plugins.jedit.org/plugins/?ProjectViewer

In the ProjectViewr panel "Folders" tab, you right-click on the "All Projects" and click "Add project". A "Create New Project" window opens where you can change different options, but the basics are a project name and root directory.

You give the project a name and root directory and click "OK", after which it takes you to an import window. In your case, if you don't want to import the 100 files you don't care about, you would hit cancel, and then add individual files, as I describe below.

At this point, I don't actually use it as a project manager most of the time, so I right-click on the project name and select "Close group or project".

Under "All Projects", I can right-click on a project name and "Re-import files" or "Add files". If I've imported a folder, I can expand the tree and right-click on a filename and select "Remove from project", but you have to be careful, because "Delete from disk" is right under that command.

If you've right-clicked on a project name and selected "Open group or project", then %p, $p, or %p% is the console path variable for the project root folder. See "Help/jEdit Help/Plugins/Console" for more details about Console and its interplay with jEdit and other plugins.

Like I say, I use it as a file manager, so I have files open from different projects, where all project names show up below "All Projects", because I don't have any project open.

So that it doesn't automatically close the files I want open all the time, in "Plugin Options/Project Viewer/General Options", I uncheck both "Close files on project change" and "Remember open project files".

Regards,
GB