Re: [isabelle] sledgehammer in RC4

Hi Randy,

Sorry for the delay in answering.

> BTW, how does Multithreading.max_threads_value get set to 2, can I
> change it, and would that do any good?  You and Makarius probably
> understand this point better than I: a modern "dual core" Intel
> machine has 4 hardware threads.

In Proof General, this should do the trick:

    ML {* Multithreading.max_threads := 4 *}

In jEdit, there appears to be an option called "threads" that one can set (judging from the code in "Pure/PIDE/protocol.ML" -- I'm faster at grepping than at searching my way through GUIs).

I hope this helps. And please let us (or me) know if you run into more issues with Sledgehammer.

Regards,

Jasmin