Re: [isabelle] jEdit apparantly proves False

On 11/22/2013 10:53 AM, Makarius wrote:
The situation is indeed so bad that I am about to produce a new stable release of Isabelle2013-2 soon: the first (and probably only) release candidate is scheduled for Sun 24-Nov-2013 and the final release for Sun 01-Dec-2013.

So if there is anything else to report, there are a few days left to do it in a relaxed manner. Changing a formal release candidate next week requires more weight and gravity. The current state of affairs can be seen here https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits

Makarius,

In general, I've seen that with Isabelle2013-1 and the RC versions, a poly.exe process will many times get started and never get terminated, and end up running at about 95% of the CPU.

It has been Sledgehammer that I've mainly associated that with, but today, I was using the command "export_code" in a simple theory, which I include below.

With Isabelle2013, rarely did processes get started that weren't terminated.

With the theory I show below, the IDE froze up while I was working with it, after which I restarted jEdit. I made some changes, which involved export_code, and then I closed the file, after which I noticed that the CPU was running at about 95%.

After I closed jEdit, a bunch of processes terminated, including a poly.exe, but these 4 processes were still running:

poly.exe
env.exe
bash.exe
bash.exe