On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, bnord wrote:

By the way, I could reproduce this under Linux on the same machine (a little less frequent) and could reproduce it under OS X on a different machine only when letting the non-terminating command run for a while. This also left me with a runaway process under OS X which I had to terminate manually after exiting Isabelle/Jedit.

Which runaway process, poly or java?

Can you also give a rough hardware specification of the test machines?