On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, bnord wrote:

The win/linux test machine is a Intel Core i5-3570 with 8GB of ram running Windows 8.1 resp. Xubuntu 13.10

Another interesting detail here is Windows 8.1. I have recently upgraded my Windows 8 test machine to 8.1, but made only very brief tests (where it was looking OK).

Since you also run Linux here: Do you experience differences in the general performance, running on the same hardware but with quite different operating systems? This affects Cygwin and Poly/ML running on it.

It is a pending open question if something completely different needs to be done here, e.g. more native MingW as basis for the Isabelle/ML process. (Cygwin is required in any case, for add-on tools like E Prover, SPASS etc.)