On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, bnord wrote:

when trying the "lemma False by (intro TrueE)" example on Windows many times the whole Isabelle interaction seems to freeze, everything from the previous command becomes a light-gray-pinkish background and there is no Isabelle output/response whatsoever. Sometimes after running for several minutes in the background the process seems to recover somehow.

I have made two more rounds over all this. In the next release candidate (in 48 hours) it should work better, although there are always situations where Poly/ML cannot be interrupted quickly. Nonetheless, interruptibility of Poly/ML is generally better than other platforms I have seen recently, notably OCaml and JVM.