Re: [isabelle] Package Babel (possibly Incomplete)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Alfio Martini wrote:

When using the "brazilian" option, I get the following error

! Package babel Error: Unknow option `brazil'. Either you misspelled it
(babel)                or the language definition file brazil.ldf was not
found

Thus I have to comment the line that calls this package. It works well with the "english" option, though. Besides, I did not had this problem when preparing documents with Isabelle 2013.

That is just a matter how Cygwin (de)composes latex into packages, and which of them are installed. On http://isabelle.in.tum.de/installation.html there is a short notice as follows:

  Isabelle2013-1\Cygwin-Latex-Setup augments the Cygwin installation of
  Isabelle by major parts of TeX live, as required for typical
  applications of the Isabelle document preparation system.

Beyond this default setup, there are much more latex packages that can be pulled in manually via Isabelle2013-1\Cygwin-Setup.

Altogether it can require some GBs of disk space. (On Mac OS X there is a one-size-fits-for-all MacTeX distribution of 4.3 GB, but we don't bundle that in the first place.)

(Makarius), is it possible to  fix this for the next release?

If you point out particular Cygwin packages that are actually wrong in Cygwin-Latex-Setup.bat, I can revisit that.

To "fix" anything, there needs to be a constructive proof that something is actually broken.