On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, C. Diekmann wrote:

On a German keyboard layout, the "Go to Recent Buffer" does (still) not work.

Is this Linux / Windows or Mac OS X?

jEdit defines many shortcuts, but not all of them are reachable on all keyboards. Recent jEdit releases have improved this a little bit, at the cost of introducing further confusion due to alternative keymaps. In current Isabelle/jEdit I have tried to pick up a few alternatives and make them the default in jEdit.props -- this will end up in your "imported" keymap after the first start of the application.

For "Go to Recent Buffer" there is C-CIRCUMFLEX as alternative shortcut -- I am using this routinely on German Linux keyboard.

Note that the jEdit menus usually only show the primary shortcut. You can browse through "Golbal Options / Shortcuts" to see what is there.