2013/10/7 Makarius <makarius at sketis.net>:
>> Linux, Ubuntu
> Which of its many versions?
Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS, 64Bit, Unity

>>> For "Go to Recent Buffer" there is C-CIRCUMFLEX as alternative shortcut
>>> -- I am using this routinely on German Linux keyboard.
>> I see that C+` and C+^ are both defined but they don't work. I can't
>> even press C+^ or C+´ to install these shortcuts in jEdit.
>
> What counts for Java / Swing applications like Isabelle/jEdit can be seen in
> the KeyEventDemo from
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/events/keylistener.html
>
> This little Java application is easy to compile with javac and run with
> "isabelle java" -- just to make sure you have exactly the same JRE.

ctrl+´ produces
KEY PRESSED:
    key code = 17 (Ctrl)
    extended modifiers = 128 (Ctrl)
    action key? NO
    key location: left
KEY RELEASED:
    key code = 129 (Dead Acute)
    extended modifiers = 128 (Ctrl)
    action key? NO
    key location: standard
KEY RELEASED:
    key code = 17 (Ctrl)
    extended modifiers = 0 (no extended modifiers)
    action key? NO
    key location: left

ctrl+^ produces
KEY PRESSED:
    key code = 17 (Ctrl)
    extended modifiers = 128 (Ctrl)
    action key? NO
    key location: left
KEY RELEASED:
    key code = 130 (Dead Circumflex)
    extended modifiers = 128 (Ctrl)
    action key? NO
    key location: standard
KEY RELEASED:
    key code = 17 (Ctrl)
    extended modifiers = 0 (no extended modifiers)
    action key? NO
    key location: left

jEdit tested with
Swing look&feel: Nimbus, GTK+, CDE/Motif, Metal

  Cornelius