Re: [isabelle] RC2 for testing; Toplevel.timing has no affect anymore

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

If I can figure out a workaround to use the timing panel to compare times for statements of a proof I'm working on, it'll be great. Messing around, I saw that an "apply" and "done" was taking longer than only a "by". I couldn't check that using Toplevel.timing because I had to switch a "by" to an "apply" because it always reported 0 time for a "by".

The old Toplevel.timing produced a plain-text message that was printed for the corresponding command. You can get similar output as tooltip now.

Here is a clarified NEWS entry for the release:

* Dockable window "Timing" provides an overview of relevant command
timing information, depending on option jedit_timing_threshold.  The
same timing information is shown in the extended tooltip of the
command keyword, when hovering the mouse over it while the CONTROL or
COMMAND modifier is pressed.

Does that address all problems and confusions?