Re: [isabelle] RC2 for testing; Toplevel.timing has no affect anymore

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

On 10/14/2013 8:28 AM, Makarius wrote:
Here is a clarified NEWS entry for the release... The
same timing information is shown in the extended tooltip of the
command keyword, when hovering the mouse over it while the CONTROL or
COMMAND modifier is pressed.

Does that address all problems and confusions?

Is this supposed to be working for the RC2 release or the next release? All I get in the tooltip when I hover over a "apply" is `command "apply"`. If I can easily see timing for individual "apply" commands, that's great.

"RC" means "release candidate", not "release". We are presently at release candidate #2, working towards just one final release called "Isabelle2013-1" (according to the canonical Isabelle release naming scheme).

And yes, the NEWS item refers to what you see in Isabelle2013-1-RC2 already. I merely updated the NEWS to make more clear how it works.

I've also tried once again on Windows that timing of some 'apply' command also works. Of course, you need to set the timing threshold to something that is sufficiently small (even 0.0).