[isabelle] [Isabelle2013-1 RC] Scalability problem with re-entrant build of the whole distribution
- To: USR Isabelle Mailinglist <isabelle-users at cl.cam.ac.uk>
- Subject: [isabelle] [Isabelle2013-1 RC] Scalability problem with re-entrant build of the whole distribution
- From: Florian Haftmann <florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 21:59:19 +0200
- Organization: TU Munich
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.0
This refers to fa80d47c6857.
When building the whole distribution once and then once again (build
-a), the build process blows up after excessive machine resource
consumption (something like java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
space). I did not try to diagnose it by putting hands on the code but I
am quite sure that this happens due to the log file analysis in
Maybe the mechanism itself is just not suitable to scale to the overall
amount of tons of log files. Is there any option to skip the log parsing?
My build runs take place on lxbroy10.
Relevant settings might include:
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and