Re: [isabelle] [Isabelle2013-1 RC] Scalability problem with re-entrant build of the whole distribution

Florian Haftmann wrote:
> When building the whole distribution once and then once again (build
> -a), the build process blows up after excessive machine resource
> consumption (something like java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
> space).

Hi Florian,

I can confirm this problem. I just tried to rebuild the AFP, and admin/testall
crashed after issuing several error messages like

  ### Ignoring bad log file: "$ISABELLE_OUTPUT/log/Ramsey-Infinite.gz"
  java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Manually deleting the old AFP log files solved the problem.

Greetings,
Stefan