[isabelle] Working with SML's Word8Array and al

Hi,

I hope I'm not wrong with this question, but searching the web on the topic, gave no answer (unless I missed something).

What's the most recommended way to generated SML programs using Word8Array, Word8ArraySlice, Word8Vector and Word8VectorSlice?

Of course, I guess destructive updates may be an issue… I still feel the question is worth to be asked, in case it has an answer.

Are there some known papers and/or theories on the topic?