[isabelle] Help with configuring Cygwin Home

Hi,

I am trying (but failing) to use Isabelle in conjunction with another tool, Symphony. My system runs Windows 7 OS. Let me just add that I could run Isabelle from the jEdit interface, on the ToyList example from the tutorial.
In order to do the above, I need to have write permissions to my Isabelle heaps directory, which is a subdirectory of the following location.

$USER_HOME/.isabelle

The directory $USER_HOME is nothing but the home directory as per Cygwin installation (that is what I gather, I could be wrong).
But this directory seems to be picked up from a network location, as the machine is part of a domain at the university.
I do not have write permissions to that directory, and would like to change it to a directory on my local drive.

Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks in anticipation.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Vijay.