Re: [isabelle] Tab completion slow in Isabelle2014-RC2

Am 08.08.14 12:51, schrieb Makarius:
On Fri, 8 Aug 2014, bnord wrote:

 For sledgehammer in particular, the canonical way is to use the
 Sledgehammer panel instead of inserting a command.
Have you tried setting up the sledgehammer panel on a regular 1080p display? There's just not enough vertical space to have the editor, the output and the Sledgehammer panel for my taste. Switching views or using the mouse is not an option for me. Also I'd like some marker in the text showing me "here is some sledgehammer instance running click me to get to the results".

Mobile devices have strange screen formats, but the dockable window manager allows to dock left or right, too.
Mobile devices? No regular displays. All new displays at our place are 1080p these days. And the Output of the sledgehammer tool and the panel itself don't really fit on the side if you give it a try. You can't see which suggestion is the shortest nor the timing.
The "Locate" button of the panel indicates where the presently active instance is located.
No I mean the other way around. While sledgehammer is running I'm usually already writing the next statement what ever. So I'm looking at the code not at some panel at the side. I usually just wait till the "sledgehammer" command isn't marked as running any more. Also I think you already noticed that I don't like buttons. ;)

Best
    Benedikt