[isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC2: PIDE does not resume processing

Dear Makarius,

When I use the Query and Sledgehammer panels heavily, PIDE regularly gets into a state where the theory text has a grey background, but I cannot get it to resume working any more (There is also no process running, the CPU is idle). The GUI itself is reactive, but I cannot get any feedback from Isabelle any more. The Syslog only shows the welcome message and Raw Output is empty. I then have to shut down jEdit and restart PIDE. I am afraid that I don't know how to come up with a better description.

My system parameters:

Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, 16GB memory
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

ML_PLATFORM="x86-linux"
ML_HOME="/home/andreloc/isabelle/Isabelle2014-RC2/contrib/polyml-5.5.2-1/x86-linux"
ML_SYSTEM="polyml-5.5.2"
ML_OPTIONS="-H 500 --gcthreads 4"
ISABELLE_JAVA_SYSTEM_OPTIONS=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -server
JEDIT_JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xms128m -Xmx3072m -Xss2m

Andreas