Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC2 cursor moveable but no text input.

On Fri, 8 Aug 2014, bnord wrote:

I find the following behaviour confusing:

In Isabelle/jEdit 2014-RC2 when the editor panel loses the focus there stays a cursor in the editor pane. I can move this cursor using the arrow keys etc. but cannot enter text at the position.

In 2013-2 there was no cursor in the editor but also I often was unhappy that the focus was lost just because I selected some sledgehammer result or similar. Ideally the text input should stay with the editor panel if one selects an area where one cannot enter text.

The main difference in the Isabelle2014-RC line is that the cursor of an unfocused jEdit text area is shown in this special color. The input behviour should be the same as before -- apart from some other fine tuning elsewhere.

This behaviour stems from jEdit. Any discussions about the general editor functionality should be continued at the jedit-devel mailing list, where I am also subscribed. That sourceforge project is in dire need of some people who help moving it forward -- jEdit 5.2 is actually scheduled for this summer.