[isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC3 available for testing

Dear Isabelle users,

after 2 weeks of testing release candidates for the forthcoming Isabelle2014 version, we are now at Isabelle2014-RC3:

  http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2014-RC3

Compared to Isabelle2014-RC2, the following fine points that have been addressed:

  * less redundant warnings from prover

  * Isabelle/jEdit: improved Monitor dockable and GUI fine tuning

  * support for DPI scaling on Windows 8 / 8.1

Observations and problems of release candidates may be discussed here on isabelle-users (using an informative subject for the mail thread), or via private mail to the person who is responsible (when that is obvious).

People who have reported anything before should check again if the situation has indeed improved.

The release candidate starts-up with a warning against production use of this non-final version, but we are de-facto approaching the state of the final release, which will be launched officially in 2 weeks.

This provides a window of opportunity to update existing applications now and to sort out potentially remaining problems, and thus improve the overall quality of the ultimate version.