Re: [isabelle] outputting colours in isabelle documents

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Alexander Kurz wrote:

On 6 Aug 2014, at 10:35, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:

A simple way to change the style for 'text' blocks is this:

 \usepackage{color}
 \renewenvironment{isamarkuptext}{\par\isastyletext\color{red}\begin{isapar}}{\end{isapar}}

Thanks a lot, that works.

**) What if I want to change the color of the Isabelle code (instead of the color of the text)?

The isabelle.sty file defines various \isastyle macros near the start, but note that certain high-level macros like \isabellestyle redefine them again later. You can have the last word in redefinition like this:

\renewcommand{\isastyle}{\small\it\color{blue}}
\renewcommand{\isastyletext}{\normalsize\rm\color{black}}
\renewcommand{\isastyletxt}{\rm\color{black}}
\renewcommand{\isastylecmt}{\rm\color{black}}

**) The command "isabelle build -D …” takes a lot of time (approx a minute) to produce the pdf. If I look at the log there seems to be going a lot before pdflatex starts. Is all of this needed if I just want to get a quick pdf? Is there an option that would shorten the time needed to produce the pdf?

It depends on the base session of your Isabelle document. The "isabelle build" invokation is slowed down by JVM warmup and the size of the total source dependencies, before actually starting the build. The startup can be accelarated by running the build tool directly from the Isabelle/Scala shell that is available in Isabelle/jEdit via the Console/Scala sub-plugin.

Here is an example for Isabelle2014-RC3:

  Build.build(PIDE.options.value, new Build.Console_Progress, select_dirs = List(Path.explode("~/tmp/Test")))

This corresponds to the following bash command line:

  isabelle build -D ~/tmp/Test