Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC3: mouse offset and C-hover issue

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014, Christian Sternagel wrote:

with RC3 I have the "offset-issue" again.

This time, and I think that is a first, this also impacts Ctrl-hover however. Also the wmname trick as e.g. mentioned in

https://lists.cam.ac.uk/mailman/htdig/cl-isabelle-users/2013-December/msg00175.html

does not help anymore.

This looks like another episode of the cheap daily-soap "Oracle versus X11 Window manager forks".

With Isabelle2013-2 this issue does not occur (after using the wmname trick). I did not check with RC1 or RC2 since I did not have them readily available on my machine.

It should be just a matter of Java versions. The Isabelle2014-RC versions use jdk-7u60 or jdk-7u65. In Isabelle2013-2 it was jdk-7u40.

You may also try different ones from http://isabelle.in.tum.de/components using the normal Isabelle init_component setup that you probably know (as explained in the "system" manual).

jdk-8u5 and jdk-8u11 might be worth trying, but note that the Java 8 releases are officially stable and de-facto still experimental.