Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC3: mouse offset and C-hover issue

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014, Christian Sternagel wrote:

To be more precise (I'm on Fedora 20 x86_64 with Gnome): When I start Isabelle/jEdit for the first time its window does not use the full screen size (at this point menus and C-hover still works). So I usually double-click on the title bar in order to make the window as big as the screen. After that the mouse-pointer has an offset for all menus (i.e., I have to point somewhat lower and more to the right of the screen in order to "hit" with the mouse). That alone would not be so bad. But also now C-hover does not work anymore. More specifically, the word I point at is still highlighted by a gray rectangle, as usual, but no popup shows up.

I have tried this briefly with the OpenJDK 7u65 variant that is presently provided by Fedora 20, and it seems to work a bit better -- testing only for 10min.

To switch the JDK version, you merely need to add something like this in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/settings:

  ISABELLE_JDK_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0"

Or any other directory that is produced by the java package installation. That directory is supposed to contain a standard JAVA_HOME layout, but this is only approximative here, due to the inevitable "packaging".

The above only works for "isabelle jedit" command-line use. The toplevel Isabelle app takes its jdk from $ISABELLE_HOME/contrib/jdk via the Isabelle.run shell script (which may be also changed, of course).