[isabelle] ISABELLE_OUTPUT

Hello,

I'm trying to change the heap directory when building in non-system mode
(i.e. default mode). So far, I've tried setting 'ISABELLE_HOME_USER' and
'ISABELLE_OUTPUT' as an environment variable:

  $ ISABELLE_HOME_USER=/tmp/isa isabelle build -D . -vb

It still keeps using '$HOME/.isabelle' as 'ISABELLE_HOME_USER'. Upon
closer inspection of 'etc/settings', that doesn't seem surprising, since
this setting is just overridden:

  if [ -z "$ISABELLE_IDENTIFIER" ]; then
    ISABELLE_HOME_USER="$USER_HOME/.isabelle"
  else
    ISABELLE_HOME_USER="$USER_HOME/.isabelle/$ISABELLE_IDENTIFIER"
  fi

Is it actually possible to change this directory without touching
'etc/settings'?

Cheers
Lars