Re: [isabelle] Hoare-Logic-bubble_Sort

Dear lyj238,

if you didn't find any techniques how to handle functions, then you didn't look very far. Most of today's theorem proving work with Isabelle/HOL is based on some kind of function definitions (just definitions without recursion, primitive recursive functions, and more general recursive functions whose termination has to be proved).

But I reckon that instead of "function" as I understand it, you might mean something like "side-effects" and thus functions that are allowed to modify some kind of state. If that is the case (and also for arrays) you might want to have a look at Imperative_HOL (which is a theory based on standard Isabelle/HOL).

The sources can be found in the subdirectory

  src/HOL/Imperative_HOL/Imperative_HOL.thy

of the Isabelle distribution. And a paper about it is available, e.g., here:

  http://www4.in.tum.de/~krauss/imperative/imperative.pdf

cheers

chris