Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC2: PIDE does not resume processing

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014, Peter Lammich wrote:

On Do, 2014-11-20 at 14:25 +0100, Peter Lammich wrote:

It is just a reminder to everyone who sees practical relevant problems to
report them.  Something that fails at intervals of weeks or months is
merely a fine point (still to be considered eventually).  Something that
fails daily is getting in the way of practical work.

But frequent and reliable failure also means it is relatively easy to pin
down and eliminate.

This is what syslog printed on my last grayout, which did not recover
itself:

Welcome to Isabelle/CAVA_Base (Isabelle2014: August 2014)
Isabelle protocol command failure: "Document.update"
exception DUP ~111048 raised (line 261 of "General/table.ML")

OK, I recommend to apply the tiny change from http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/f4e9bd04e1d5 by editing Isabelle2014/src/Pure/General/table.ML accordingly, and rebooting (which will cause an automatic rebuild of logic images).

If anything like that happens again, just keep me informed.

                  http://stop-ttip.org  1,015,195 people so far