Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC2: PIDE does not resume processing

On Sun, 7 Dec 2014, Gottfried Barrow wrote:

With 64-bit Java it worked out and is working out because I set the environment with a batch file

If I try to use 'Isabelle2014.exe' directly, or us it in a batch file, I get a window that says, "Error starting Java VM".

It doesn't matter to me, but someone else may need the info to use 64-bit Java.

Indeed. This is actually the main reason why Isabelle on Windows does not have the 64 bit option yet: the .exe already determines the platform personality, and it is not possible to switch that later.

Java 8 has a slightly different .exe for applications, but it is also quite new. Maybe that can be used in the next release.

                  http://stop-ttip.org  1,061,642 people so far