Re: [isabelle] Don’t Make Your Readers Scream

Alan Bundy stresses the importance of proposing and testing a scientific hypothesis. I absolutely agree with him. But many of our papers are essentially demonstrations of technology (as when we formalise some theorem or verify some system). Then there’s no evident hypothesis, but papers should still be written clearly.

Larry Paulson