Re: [isabelle] Where to learn about HOL vs FOL?

Le Fri, 01 Feb 2013 15:22:53 +0100, Gottfried Barrow <gottfried.barrow at gmx.com> a écrit:

[…]

For HOL4 they already have that in their logic manual (to what degree I can't say), which I thought would be the perfect place to learn about Isabelle/HOL's formal logic, but it's not, it's the perfect place to learn about HOL4's formal logic:

http://hol.sourceforge.net/documentation.html
[…]

The one titled “Logic” (file name “kananaskis-8-logic.pdf”) still says in the preface:

This material was written by Andrew Pitts in 1991, and was
originally part of DESCRIPTION. Because this logic is shared
with other theorem-proving systems (HOL Light, ProofPower),
and is similar to that implemented in Isabelle, where it is
called Isabelle/HOL, it is now presented in its own manual.