Re: [isabelle] equality of functions

Hallo,

in this case: apply (simp add: fun_upd_twist)

Whether this works for more complicated statements of this kind, I
cannot say. In particular, I suspect that this lemma could lead the
simplifier to loop in some instances – I don't know whether the
simplifier recognises that this lemma represents a kind of commutativity
and treats it accordingly automatically.

Also, I recommend you use find_theorems to find lemmas of this kind, or
sledgehammer if you don't want to search manually.

Cheers,
Manuel