Re: [isabelle] Isabelle/jEdit - C+e

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014, Christian Sternagel wrote:

on my linux (x86_64, Fedora 20) machine when using the find panel, I cannot enter subscripts (same for superscripts) in the search field.

That is negation by failure. You can enter subscripts using the symbol completion mechanism, e.g. via "\sub". I've specifically made this work for both the main text area and certain GUI text fields, although there are differences in some details.

The reason is that when pressing C+e, the focus will switch to the main buffer (and thus I will insert the subscript via ⇩ in the main buffer instead).

That is an interesting effect that I did not know yet, but it is probably normal according to how jEdit manages keyboard events -- as a fall-back they usually end up in the main text area.