Re: [isabelle] Unable to get document preparation system to work

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014, James Lingard wrote:

  comment.sty   9666    2014-01-23 07:36:21

That's weird.  The copyright at the top of the file says July 2009.  If it
really is brand new then that explains why I might have been the first
person to run into this.

So from where did you get that version? TeXlive is not there yet, luckily.

I use myself CTAN only as occasional reference, but have no idea how it is actually maintained. There is also no immediately visible changeset history, with names of authors etc.

Maybe it is just an accident, with some experiment that someone made at some point, to the anoyance of plain TeX users.