Re: [isabelle] Bad component catalog file

On 01/29/2014 02:27 PM, Makarius wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2014, Walther Neuper wrote:
[..] suddenly Isabelle stopped evaluation of the code:

The editor window shows light-pink background colour for the lines, so does the <Theories> Window; no messages on the command line.

I guess you merely have switched off "Continuous checking" in the Theories panel or Plugin Options / Isabelle.

Your guess is right, thank you!
I had not noticed a devious mouse click of mine.

This is persistent in the preferences, so the usual reflex to restart the application does not help. I am sometimes stumbling myself over this snag. Continuous checking off should probably show a flashing icon somewhere to make sure the user sees that off-line state of the system.

That is a good idea!

In my workflow the <Theories> window is frequently closed in favour of <Sidekick>, thus the respective checkbox invisible.

Walther