[isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC0 available for testing

Dear Isabelle users,

the coming Isabelle2014 release is anticipated for August 2014. As an early semi-official release candidate for general testing there is now Isabelle2014-RC0 available from here:

  http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2014-RC0

This is an opportunity to look how things will presumably be in the release, and to report problems, either on the isabelle-users mailing list or via private mail.

The very same version will be used at the Isabelle tutorial at VSL 2014 in Vienna next week: http://vsl2014.at/isabelle

The Vienna Summer of Logic is the largest convention of Logicians of known human history (i.e. the last 15000 years) on this planet. Many of the protagonists of this mailing list will be there. I am myself attending the ITP week with two adjacent workshop days: 13..18-Jul-2014.

If there are any particular problems with the increasingly interactive Isabelle computer-game, which is the Prover IDE, I would be happy to sort this out personally. (Including the canonical question about remaining uses of Proof General.)

After the conference -- more than 2 weeks from now -- there will be the normal Isabelle2014-RC1, with more formal testing, reporting, polishing, until final lift-off in August, when most Frenchmen are on vacation.