On Sun, 6 Jul 2014, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) wrote:

At first sight, just a very tiny issue on Ubuntu 12.04: when running the new Isabelle for the first time, before it started to build the heaps images, I did not have a window immediately and instead a small white empty square (about 100 px x 100 px), which for a few seconds, makes me feel something crashed, then only later the window appeared.

That should be a splash screen with the Isabelle logo, shown by the JVM on startup. I will try to find out what happens here, but it might be one of the many problems that Oracle has with the multitude of Linuxes.

Something funny: looks like jEdit changed a lot while it seems to be the same version as with the prior Isabelle release (some plugins?).

jEdit did not change at all. What changed a lot is the Isabelle/PIDE infrastructure and the modules that make Isabelle/jEdit.

May be the answer is in the NEWS log though, which I have not read yet.

You should read that, e.g. in Isabelle/jEdit via the Documentation panel. There is also a SideKick tree view for that file.

Moreover the Isabelle/jEdit manual has changed a lot, now approaching 50 pages, with updated screenshots, new material etc.

Also, and sorry for the small talk, just wanted to say you did an even bigger job than usual for this release.

We are not there yet. Many fine points need to be discovered, reported, sorted out.