On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 11:16:04 +0200, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jul 2014, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) wrote:

At first sight, just a very tiny issue on Ubuntu 12.04: when running the
new Isabelle for the first time, before it started to build the heaps
images, I did not have a window immediately and instead a small white
empty square (about 100 px x 100 px), which for a few seconds, makes me
feel something crashed, then only later the window appeared.

That should be a splash screen with the Isabelle logo, shown by the JVM on startup. I will try to find out what happens here, but it might be one of
the many problems that Oracle has with the multitude of Linuxes.

The splash screen appeared the second time I launched this release. The issue occurred only the first time, when it have to build the heap images. This may be a short time bad user experience, but not a big issue.

--
Yannick Duchêne