On Mon, 7 Jul 2014, Gerwin Klein wrote:

On 7 Jul 2014, at 12:59 pm, Gerwin Klein <Gerwin.Klein at nicta.com.au> wrote:
- on my laptop, Isabelle 2014-RC0/jedit comes up with non-retina fonts, whereas 2013-2 does (different java version I guess)

Further to that, current isabelle development at b8448367f9c7 with jdk-7u60 does come up fine with retina fonts.

That is exactly the same version. I guess that you have run Isabelle2014-RC0 via the .app launcher, but the repository version via the command-line "isabelle jedit". That makes a difference, but I don't understand all what Oracle is doing here: both launchers are "official" in some sense.

Can you try the launcher of jedit 5.2pre1 from http://www.jedit.org/ which is the one of Java 7 JFX, instead of the old Java one?

The Prover IDE is a "filty rich client", but I am myself not filthy rich to have access to a retina display for testing.