On Wed, 9 Jul 2014, Joachim Breitner wrote:

My suggestion was to extend the dictionary, as shipped, with uncommon, Isabelle-related words. Of course, a very minor suggestion.

There is a long story behind this. The author of the jortho module made the largest possible dictionary on the planet, but that is useless for spell-checking. He is very bad at spelling anyway, as can be seen in the original Java sources.

So I spent a few days studying the situation a bit, to come up with an imitation of aspell dictionaries according to SCOWL 7.1 http://wordlist.sourceforge.net with certain formal parameters that are specified in $JORTHO_HOME/README. SCOWL is a very perfectionistic word list project, and I don't want to deviate from it in informal ways.

If the parameters are somehow sub-optimal, or not really the aspell ones, that can be revisited, of course.