Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2014-RC0 segfault / sledgehammer raises exception DUP

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014, Fabian Immler wrote:

Another possibility for further testing is to downgrade to an older Poly/ML version from http://isabelle.in.tum.de/components e.g. by claiming it in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/etc/settings like this:

 init_component "$HOME/.isabelle/contrib/polyml-5.5.1-1"

Then use "isabelle components -a" on the command-line to resolve missing components, and restart the Isabelle application.
I get the same behavior with polyml-5.5.1-1 and polyml-5.4.1 (have not checked the other ones).

Thanks for testing -- I am presently sitting in the lecture hall at ITP and can't do experiments myself.

polyml-5.4.1 does not have the advanced memory management of polyml-5.5.x so the crash source is different, but this also means it is potentially easier to isolate.