On Sun, 20 Jul 2014, Gerwin Klein wrote:

Finally found some time to look at the jedit app launcher, first just downloading stable and latest versions of jedit.

The results weren’t encouraging:
 - in neither, retina fonts worked
 - in stable, I got the message that jedit is damaged and should be moved to the trash
 - this could be fixed by relaxing security settings (so the problem was more a wrong error message)
 - the latest version, I could not get to run at all, just got JRE load error (in non-retina fonts)

After making a full round through major parts of the world wide web to find out more about recent Java 7/8 app launchers, I am back to the current one of Isabelle2014_RC0.

Lets try the following change to Isabelle2014-RC0.app/Contents/Info.plist:

    <key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
    <string>true</string>

That is for the outermost property list of that file. You can also use the slightly odd GUI editor for that XML file, as provided by Apple.